Goals Of the Program:
- Offer an enhanced level of play to those children looking for a more competitive level of baseball.
- Give all interested participants a taste of what of what travel baseball is all about.
Who Is Eligible: Must be 7 years old as of May 1, 2019.
Evaluations: Players will be evaluated by independent evaluators and teams will be formed based on these evaluations. Fee will be $30 at time of registration.
Please register player by April 6, 2019.
April 7, 2019
April 14, 2019
Absolutely no walk-ups will be evaluated.
Conduct During Evaluations: Parents are not allowed to provide instructions of any kind to their child during the actual tryout as it may be unsettling to the other children who are trying to stay focused. You will receive one warning and then be asked to wait elsewhere in the complex.
Roster: There are no cuts made in the 7U Travel Program. If there are less than 20 players interested in playing, then one team will be formed. If there are more than 20 players interested in playing, 2 teams will then be formed. Teams will be formed equally upon consultation of the two team managers and representatives from the HBL Board.
Manager Selection: Anyone interested in managing this team must submit a Manager Application.
- Does not have to be a current manager in HBL;
- Must be in good standing with HBL with all financial responsibilities met or have had arrangements made for, and must be in good standing from a disciplinary standpoint;
- Must have their Rutgers Safety Certification;
- Must complete online Babe Ruth Coaching Certification;
- Must complete a Background Check;
- Must complete Concussion Certification.
Once teams are determined, if possible, a manager will be selected from the players rated 1-9. If there are going to be two teams, a manager will be selected from each group of players.
Please direct any questions to